Locum Consultant in Stroke Medicine
NUH is looking for a full-time Locum Consultant for Stroke Medicine to join an existing team of 10 NHS and academic consultants providing Stroke services to the people of Nottinghamshire and beyond. This post is for 12 months but there may be an opportunity to apply for a substantive post during this time. PAs may also be available in a medical specialty associated to Stroke.
Full GMC registration and extensive experience in Stroke Medicine across hyper acute, acute and rehabilitation care are essential.
Main Duties of the job
You will be joining a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of professionals providing outstanding Stroke care and internationally recognised Stroke research within the NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre, a partnership between NUH and the University of Nottingham. NUH hosts the Mechanical Thrombectomy Centre for the East Midlands region.
Please see the attached job description (including the person specification and job plan) for the main duties of this role.
Working for NUH
The Stroke Service consists of:
- 16 bedded hyper acute stroke unit at QMC campus
- 28 bedded acute rehabilitation stroke unit at QMC campus
- 18 bedded long-term rehabilitation stroke unit at City Campus and 6 Beds in Connect House
- A daily Fast Track TIA clinic provides 7 day working
- Stroke outpatient clinics
- 24/7 thrombolysis service supported by telemedicine
- A regional Mechanical Thrombectomy service
The Stroke Service currently has six stroke consultants, two academic consultants, one neurologist and one acute medicine consultant, providing a 24 hour 7 day a week service. The successful applicant will join an enthusiastic team with a specialist interest in stroke care. This appointment will play a key part in further developments of the stroke pathway, providing input to hyper acute stroke, acute stroke, intensive rehab and continuing stroke rehabilitation.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The successful applicant will provide consultant cover for:
- Hyper Acute Stroke Unit
- New admissions to stroke services
- Acute Stroke Ward
- TIA fast track clinic
- Weekend and week day on call cover