Consultant in General Paediatrics
Nottingham Children’s Hospital at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Consultant in General Paediatrics (7PAs with potential to increase to 10PAs)
Nottingham Children’s Hospital is seeking an enthusiastic General Paediatric Consultant with experience in PICU and transport to help us deliver high quality medical care to the children of Nottingham. Children’s services in Nottingham are united at the Nottingham Children’s Hospital at Queens Medical Centre campus, co-located with the medical school and university.
General paediatrics at Nottingham Childrens Hospital is a dynamic, well supported and highly regarded service supporting the local population. You will join an experienced and supportive team of consultants at the Nottingham Childrens Hospital. This exciting post includes working with the PICU transport team and acting as liaison with PICU and general paediatrics.
- Provide general paediatric assessment diagnosis and management to the population of children and young people served by Nottingham Children’s Hospital. This will be from the Emergency Department, through the wards to outpatients as required according to patient and service needs.
- Provide support for the paediatric intensive care transport team including leading on liaison between PCCU and general paediatrics
- Contribute to the rota for vetting new referrals from GPs to the paediatric medical services.
- Contribute to the general paediatric on call rota, offering high general paediatric care to the children of Nottingham
- Teaching on the undergraduate and postgraduate training programme and supervision of medical students and specialty trainees
- We anticipate that there will ultimately be an additional 2PAs of funding to enhance the paediatric input for paediatric neurosurgical patients including regular ward rounds, MDT and support for discharge and pre-op planning.
- Once training has been obtained an additional 1 PA will enhance this role to provide COMET transport assistance for PICU
All consultants are appointed as Clinical Teachers by Nottingham University.
Applicants must be on the GMC specialist register, or within 6 months of their expected date of CCT at time of interview.