Lead Addictions Psychiatrist
We are looking for a qualified and competent Lead Addictions Psychiatrist to organise, lead and oversee the clinical practices, within Brook Drive. A significant amount of this role will require attention regarding directing the clinical aspects within the last remaining third sector detox in London, Brook Drive. The Lead Addictions Psychiatrist would be responsible for capturing and cascading the learning, subsequent actions and notifications required following accident, incidents and near misses relevant to their area of delivery. As a learning organization you will be involved in the continual development of the service using a collaborative approach. The successful candidate will be responsible supervising and directing everything from employees to technology and operations.
As Lead Addictions Psychiatrist you will possess the qualifications and practical experience in addiction psychiatry, including the management of patients within an inpatient detox setting. With excellent communication, people management and mentoring skills, with the ability to embed a culture of curiosity and empathy. If you have a deep respect for policies and ethics which leads you to inspire that in others, you are ideal for the role.
The goal is to lead the smooth running of the clinical governance within Brook Drive through our staff of various disciplines, and alongside our partner GP practices, aiming to continually provide safe and effective service delivery to the most marginalised in our communities.
- Overall Clinical Governance responsibility of Brook Drive, directly reporting to the Senior Director of Operations for day-to-day issues relating to brook Drive and accountable ultimately to the Group CEO and Board of Trustees
- To take the lead in clinical management for patients of Brook Drive whilst on site
- Provide effective handover of patient care to the MDT of Brook Drive, including the GPs, nurses and psychosocial teams
- Chairing the Brook Drive Clinical Governance Board
- Provide timely, accurate and effective direction regarding complex referrals to Brook Drive, including the development of treatment and care plans
- Devise strategies and plans for the substance, alcohol misuse and addiction services within Brook Drive according to company standards for excellent services and growth
- Leading on referral reviewing during MDT meetings
- Provide suitable levels of onsite support on a weekday basis
- Providing guidance to Specialist Doctors and GP
- Oversee the quality of all service users care or administrative operations and programs
- To lead and organise regular meetings and forums for different parties including referring agencies, partner organisation’s, external clinicians etc. to the benefit of effective service delivery
- MBBS, MRCPsych substance and alcohol addiction or equivalent relevant field
- Proven medical profession as a Doctor, Psychiatrist etc
- Proven experience as an Lead Addictions Psychiatrist or similar leadership position
- Experience of working in addictions services at a senior clinicians level
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. CQC) and regulations for the clinical field
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary organisation with comparable scope, complexity, and resources
- Knowledge of appropriate quality standards and regulatory requirements for health registered CQC provisions
- Capable of translating strategic intent into immediate successful delivery
- Professional acumen, with excellent senior level influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage others, at all levels
Due to the urgency of the role, we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, therefore encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Also attached below which you can download is a job description regarding the post giving you further information.