Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - National Deaf CAMHS
We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic psychiatrist to join our group of CAMHS psychiatrists, within our CAMHS Service Line. This is substantive post.
The Consultant will provide clinical leadership to an established multidisciplinary Cambridge Deaf CAMHS service covering the Cambridge area.
This post has become available due to the previous post-holder reducing their hours of work.
The post-holder will be responsible to the Child and Adolescent mental Health Services Clinical Director of SW London St George’s Mental Health Trust. This post is part-time, for 5 Programmed Activities (PAs) per week.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Directorate of Southwest London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust is a well-established provider of mental health services to the population of South West London as well as 3 of the National Community based Deaf teams. We are a highly specialist deaf CAMHS service, combining expertise in CYP moderate to severe mental health services and close working with local generic CAMHS services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, developing service to provide both treatment and individual, family and group interventions for children and young people, some of whom may have significant co-morbid mental health needs. There will also be opportunities for the post holder to contribute to ongoing service development in line with NICE guidance.
The post is within a multidisciplinary team providing a community service and has close links with local authority, schools across the region. The post holder will be joining a skilled, motivated, and innovative multidisciplinary team committed to continual learning and development and will be offered excellent CPD opportunities.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: midnight (23:59) Sunday 26th September 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 27th September 2021
Assessment Centre: Monday 11th October 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
AAC / Interview date: Tuesday 12th October 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
Job Ref: 294-MEDI-0132
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Nico Gentili, Deaf CAMHS Consultant Lead
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 3513 6754