Consultant Clinical Oncologist
We are looking for new Consultants to join our expanding team. You will have a specialist interest in one or more of the following disease sites:- Breast; Lung; Gynaecology and Urology.
We will be flexible in the specialties offered to potential candidates, as we want you to use your skills, qualities and experience to influence the future direction of our service.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will join a large multi-professional team of Consultant Clinical & Medical Oncologists, Clinical Scientists, Therapeutic Radiographers and Nursing Teams. You will be part of an established senior team who are forward thinking and development focused. Oncology Services are based in a purpose built centre at our Royal Preston Hospital site.
Research is actively encouraged and supported in both the central and peripheral sites, broad access to NCRI badged trials exists, support by an efficient research team. Within our Centre for Health Research and Innovation we have a dedicated on site clinical research facility and radiology support.
Over the last 20 years, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Cancer Centre has grown into a national leader delivering high quality radiotherapy and systemic treatment to patients within Lancashire and South Cumbria (Population 1.6m).
Exciting plans are underway to redesign our 28 bedded Oncology Ward with work commencing in April 2020. In addition to this, we are well underway with plans to introduce Brachytherapy for patients across Lancashire & South Cumbria.
Clinical Oncology is exciting, rewarding, and rapidly evolving. Our Oncologists are members of a number of multidisciplinary teams in a variety of clinical settings, who are established, diverse and knowledgeable.
We would love to welcome you into our team and in return we can promise to encourage and support you to develop special areas of interest, expertise and leadership whether that is in research, service development, teaching or other areas of science and healthcare.
Please see attached Job Description and Job Specification for more details
Are you the right person for this role? Well what are you waiting for, Tracey Ellis, Clinical Director is waiting for your call: 01772 524201 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research and Development
- Evidence of interest in personal development e.g. through research and/or publications Thorough understanding of medical audit. Must have undertaken and completed audit projects.
- Evidence of Clinical Leadership Evidence of commitment to audit and improving clinical practice/service development
- Formal management training
Experience and Skills
- Trained Clinical Supervisor Wide experience of Oncology practice- including relevant experience in Radiotherapy and chemotherapy Stereotactic radiotherapy experience
- Trained Educational Supervisor
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists or Membership of Royal College of Physicians or equivalent qualifications
- Completion of higher specialist training in Clinical Oncology
- Entry onto the Specialist Register (or entry expected within 6 months of interview date)
- Higher research or educational degree
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane