Consultant Psychiatrist - Laurel Ward - 10 PAs
Consultant Psychiatrist, Laurel Ward - Full time 10 PAs
South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust has a rich history, well-established community links and an international reputation. We provide a full range of local mental health services to the Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth London boroughs, as well as specialist forensic mental health services, including high secure services, at Springfield Hospital.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our service users where our Trust values; being consistent, compassionate, collaborative, respectful and open is at the heart of everything we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of something special – an innovative and rapidly growing organisation that is helping to redefine the Mental Health, education and social care landscape in the UK.
About the role:
This post has become available because of the impending move of the current postholder to a consultant post in another Trust.
We are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Service Line, on Laurel Ward, an acute psychiatric ward at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton. Laurel Ward is for men only, and has 18 beds plus several ‘surge’ beds for periods of high demand. The ward has a full multidisciplinary team including consultant, two trainee doctors, specialty doctor (0.5 wte), psychologist, OT, specialist nurses, activity workers, healthcare assistants, ward clerk and ward manager. Along with the other acute wards in the Trust, it is in preparation for seeking AIMS accreditation in the next 1-2 years for the quality of its work.
About the location:
We’re small enough to be a friendly Trust, but big enough to have internationally-recognised, innovative and sometimes ground-breaking services. We have an integrated academic programme, an established quality improvement programme, and good links with our local universities. We’re widely known for the quality of our training, for treating everyone as individuals, and for supporting consultants to develop external roles and special interests. We’re in a beautiful, leafy part of one of the world’s greatest capital cities. We’re currently spending over £150million rebuilding our main hospitals – it’s an exciting time to join!
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: Midnight, Tuesday 27th July 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 28th July 2021
Assessment Centre: Monday 9th August 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 10th August 2021
Job ref: 294-MEDI-0124
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sean Whyte, Clinical Director, Acute & Urgent Care
Dr Debbie Stephenson, Associate Clinical Director, on 07595 413723 / email@example.com