Consultant Psychiatrist - Lilacs Ward (10PAs)
Consultant Psychiatrist – Lilacs Ward (Acute Psychiatric Ward), Full-time, 10 PAs
We are a dynamic, financially stable mental health trust which has consistently been rated ‘good’ by the CQC both overall and specifically for our acute & urgent care services. We are several years into a Trust Wide quality improvement programme involving all clinicians, which is already delivering results. We have invested in further improvements to our acute and urgent care services, including one of the UK’s first mental health A&Es (now evolving into a mobile service), as well as Recovery Cafes and a Psychiatric Decision Unit.
We’re small enough to be a friendly Trust, but big enough to have internationally-recognised, innovative and sometimes ground-breaking services. We have an integrated academic programme, an established quality improvement programme, and good links with our local universities. We’re widely known for the quality of our training, for treating everyone as individuals, and for supporting consultants to develop external roles and special interests. We’re in a beautiful, leafy part of one of the world’s greatest capital cities. We’re currently spending over £150million rebuilding our main hospitals – it’s an exciting time to join!
We are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Service Line, on our acute psychiatric ward at Tolworth Hospital (Lilacs Ward). The ward has a full multidisciplinary team including consultant, junior doctors, psychologists, OTs, specialist nurses, activity workers, healthcare assistants, ward clerks and team managers.
If you are a dynamic practitioner who would be keen to be involved in developing and expanding the service, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Closing Date: Midnight (23:59) Monday 10th May 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 11th May 2021
Assessment Centre: Friday 21st May 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 25th May 2021
(Due to COVID-19, Assessment and Interview will be done remotely via MS Teams)
For further details / informal visits contact: Sean Whyte, Clinical Director for Acute Service Line firstname.lastname@example.org 07976 287232
For further information please contact:
Dr Debbie Stephenson, Consultant Psychiatrist (acute psychiatry) and Associate Clinical Director on 07595 413723 / email@example.com