Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult (with Relocation)
Consultant Psychiatrist: Adult Inpatient, Norwich
Adult Mental Health Service
We want to work with you to create the right job for you.
Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust is in the midst of a transformation and this brings opportunities to influence how things are done.
We have two posts available and welcome applicants with various levels of experience. There is an opportunity to undertake a leadership role as an Associate Clinical Director after appointment for the right candidate. Our inpatient team covers 5 adult mental health wards (including a PICU) at Hellesdon Hospital in the city of Norwich.
Main duties of the job
This vacancy is for the Consultant post on Yare Ward. The Trust encourages applications from highly motivated, enthusiastic psychiatrists who would welcome the opportunity to work in this beautiful part of the world. The Trust encourages leadership roles for senior clinicians as part of the core job and in additional roles, where available, in medical education, management, research and teaching.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of specialist mental health services for the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk, serving a population of 1.6 million.
The advertised role will provide clinical care and leadership for Yare Ward. This role will provide you with the opportunity to play a key strategic role in service design and redevelopment. With the support of the architects we are challenging ourselves to think differently about how we deliver services and would very much welcome the input of the new post holders into the design process.
Top reasons to live and work in Norfolk:
- There are numerous teaching opportunities available, both at postgraduate and undergraduate level, at the medical school at the University of East Anglia.
- Opportunities for research, supported by a strong Trust Research Department and good links with the local university.
- Support for flexible working and other excellent staff benefits
- There are many areas of outstanding natural beauty (including the Norfolk Broads), award-winning coastlines and picturesque villages, which add to the charm of the county.
- Quality of living for staff working in Norfolk is high with some of the lowest crime rates in the country, affordable housing, excellent schools and easy access to beautiful countryside
- Norwich is a vibrant city which is also a UNESCO City of Literature
- Norwich is the County town, only 90 minutes away from London, as well as being situated close to both Norwich and Stansted Airports.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details regarding this role, please see the attached job description and person specification.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- 6 months in specific specialty
Consultant Psychiatrist Essential
- GMC S12 Approval Royal College CCT on Specialist Registry
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (opens in a new window). From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants (opens in a new window).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
The closing date is 18 April 2021.