Consultant in Adult Psychiatry - Community (with Relocation Allowance)
"There is truly a team spirit where every member of staff is supported. This goes a long way in optimising patient care and ensuring a good work environment." Dr Olukoya, Consultant Psychiatrist
Consultant Psychiatrist with 3 protected PAs for your area of interest.
Over the last year, Bury South Integrated Delivery Team in West Suffolk has made some exciting changes to the way in which we deliver mental health services.
Our services are adapting to the ever-changing needs of the communities they serve with new partnerships created within the voluntary care sector and primary care. There is a collaborative excitement and optimism to engage in a transformational agenda that ensures and promotes positive health and wellbeing within communities and immediate localities.
This can only be achieved by identifying individuals needs and delivering treatments specific to those needs. Services are already co-designing how interventions and treatments can be delivered by one community.
Main duties of the job
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be enthusiastic and conscientious and do everything you can to provide the best care to our service users. We are looking for someone who displays compassion, empathy and sensitivity.
What can we offer?
Our primary focus is on collaborative working; placing great emphasis on the assessment/recovery model. Many aspects relating to service user recovery is reflected within the assessment tools the patients and staff use .
The leadership has been very supportive and always looking at how to improve the service. I have been so impressed that I have had to come back after leaving the trust initially due to personal reason and this speaks volumes about how good the team is. Dr Olukoya,
This market town offers award-winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, annual festivals, and stunning parks. With excellent transport links to connect you to Cambridge, London and beyond but with lower than the nation average house prices.
If you are passionate about improving acute care, we have much to offer including:
- Beautiful countryside with easy access to award winning coastal locations.
- Excellent rail links to Cambridge and London
- Affordable housing and reputable college and schools.
- Relocation allowance / removal benefit
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both the university of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Local teaching programme
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
Interview dates are to be confirmed, candidates may only be given a minimum of 3 days notice, please note this date is provisional and may be subject to change. You will be contacted via email and invited to book a time. These emails may go to your SPAM, so please keep checking all your emails if applying. Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
Please visit our Facebook and Twitter page @NSFTjobs
Job description Job responsibilities
Title: Consultant PsychiatristSpecialty: Adult Psychiatry Community - Bury South IDT
Job SummaryWe are seeking a consultant psychiatrist to join our Adult Community PathwayTeam.
Description of the PostThis post is based in F Block on the Hospital Road site, Bury St Edmunds. Clinicalwork will take place at G Block, on the same site, but may also take place in anotherTrust location or other community destinations such as at service user's home.
The service provides secondary care service for adults age 25-70 years of age residing in the Bury South catchment area. The team receives referrals from Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Haverhill and the surrounding villages. There are approximately 83,315 patients, in this age group, registered with a GP in the area. The team holds a current caseload of 367 and receives an average of 40 new referrals a month.
There are two full time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist posts for this team. The post holder will carry no responsibility for inpatients. The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the community team and work collaboratively with all MDT members and other adult service staff. The role provides clinical assessment and reviews of patients in discussion with the team, especially patients thought to be at high risk, those presenting with complex problems or those with diagnostic uncertainty.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience of the assessment and treatment of complex mental disorders in a relevant population Experience of providing medical leadership in multi-disciplinary teams Experience of clinical governance processes including ability to use quality improvement methods as a tool to improve quality of care Experience in risk assessment and risk management
- Sub-speciality experience relevant to the clinical role Relevant sub-specialty endorsement Experience of multiagency working relevant to the role Experience of building great teams
- GMC Recognised basic medical degree MRCPsych or Equivalent Included on the GMC specialist register or within 3 months of CCT or equivalent in a relevant clinical specialism Approved Clinician and Section 12 Approval under MHA
- Relevant higher degree (i.e. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications) Substantive experience at consultant level in the relevant specialism