Staff Specialist (Vascular Surgery)
1 day left
- Full Time
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, full time, part time, day working 76 hours per fortnight to commence from 3rd May 2021. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1- Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 $149,197 - $226,780 per annum
Please note that access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range $214,844 -$226,780 is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as described in the Salaried Medical Practitioners Interim Agreement 2015.
Provide clinical services of the highest possible standard to Vascular Surgery patients within Tasmania.
Actively pursue improved outcomes for vascular surgery patients by participating in teaching and research relevant to Vascular Surgery.
Location: Royal Hobart Hospital
We can offer:
- Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan
- Negotiable salary including superannuation and access to salary packaging
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environment
- Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty.
- Current Driver's Licence.
- Refer to SoD for further essential requirements
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
509326 Staff Specialist (Vascular Surgery) SMP1-11 (March 2021).pdf
509326 Staff Specialist (Vascular Surgery) SMP1-11 (March 2021).docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the apply button to apply.
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Dr David Cottier
Visiting Medical Officer - Vascular Surgery
0417 149 352
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au