Medical Director, Pathology Services, London
SYNLAB has formed a new pathology partnership with the NHS to deliver and transform NHS pathology services across South East London.
The new partnership will provide diagnostics, testing and digital pathology services for hospitals, GPs and other NHS healthcare providers, as well as for a number of other consumers across the UK.
SYNLAB and the NHS see the new partnership as being an evolution of local pathology services, building on the strengths of today’s service provided by Viapath and the NHS. The same excellent scientists, clinicians and other colleagues will continue to work under new partnership arrangements, and will be directly involved in delivering tangible improvements both to the quality of patient care, and to the experience of clinicians providing that care.
As part of this new partnership, we invite applications for a talented Medical Director, who is passionate about quality, patient care, and safety, to join our dynamic team of growing professionals, and embark on a rewarding career with us.
- The Medical Director, whilst providing robust and high-quality medical leadership, will drive medical excellence and service level across the partnership. The postholder will serve as the professional lead on all aspects of medical and scientific education and research, and will be the guardian of professional clinical standards across the service.
- You will lead a talented team of Strategic Leads within the various Clinical Groups, and take responsibility for strong medical leadership, performance targets, Governance, Quality, leading the clinical change and innovation strategy, and will the medical ambassador for the partnership in relevant UK and European forums.
- The Medical Director will provide strong medical leadership, be an exemplar and advocate for clinical engagement with consultant medical and scientific staff.
- Regularly exchange business and scientific information with CMOs and Clinical /Medical Directors from other countries within SYNLAB Group, and actively participate in steering committees and CMO Board meetings as required.
- Contribute to the business strategy of the partnership in both the private and public sector. This includes the further development of the pathology service joint venture model with NHS partners.
- Recent management responsibility at a minimum of Clinical Director level in an acute Trust or equivalent complex medical organisation.
- Medically qualified (With full GMC registration), with Consultant Status.
- Strong clinical leadership experience, coupled with a strategic, and commercial orientation.
- Respected by peers clinically and personally able to reconcile the role as a clinician with management responsibilities
- Change management and transformation experience within a complex healthcare environment.
- Evidence of the development of clinical services, including the delivery of performance targets.
- Understanding of the provision and delivery of health care services and modernising healthcare
- Experience in Pathology related discipline is desirable
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, progressive organisation with an impeccable reputation for high level service delivery. You will benefit from a generous compensation package with highly attractive benefits, and the opportunity to embark on a rewarding career with SYNLAB.
To apply for this post, please click the apply button.
For an informal discussion about this job please click 'Reveal Phone Number' and give us a call.