Consultant Clinical Adviser
2020 was the year that has changed the way we view the world we live in, and as a result, here at NICE we are going through an exciting period of change. There could not be a better time to join us.
We are looking for part-time skilled Consultant Clinical Advisers to join our Centre for Guidelines. We are interested in clinicians with specialist expertise in cancer (up to 0.2 WTE) and clinicians with experience in quality improvement and/or secondary care (up to 0.8 WTE).
Why choose NICE?
We provide national guidance and advice to improve health and social care. Our role is to improve outcomes for people using the NHS and other public health and social care services. As an organisation we all collaborate to achieve the same goal through empowering our workforce to do great things. Health and wellbeing is a top priority for us because we understand the importance of creating a respectful, supportive and transparent environment for all our employees.
Reporting to the Programme Director, Consultant Clinical Advisers are responsible for supporting the Centre Director and Programme Director in planning and delivering the programme of guidance and surveillance reviews and advising and supporting them in the development of new areas of work. You will:
- lead on a suite of guidelines and contribute to quality assurance, and to the development of the methodologies and processes that underpin the production of guidelines
- provide clinical advice and oversight to support decision making and associated outputs through the process of developing guidelines from surveillance to validation
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following:
- MBBS or equivalent Medical Qualification
- GMC registration and entry on the GMC specialist register, and a licence to practise
- Knowledge of methods of health technology assessment, critical appraisal, clinical guideline development and the interpretation and synthesis of health care research evidence
- Experience of working in, or familiarity with, the National Health Services at consultant level
Here are some the reasons why you should work for NICE:
- We can offer you a great place to work with good benefits, flexible working and a supportive, friendly and inclusive environment
- We have an academic culture committed to producing high quality work and we take collective responsibility
- We offer a range of benefits including the NHS pension scheme and childcare voucher scheme
- We value equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community
For an informal discussion please contact Phil Alderson, Consultant Clinical Adviser, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin Allaby, Consultant Clinical Adviser, Email: email@example.com
For more information about the role and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 05 April 2021