Consultant Psychiatrist, Adult Eating Disorders Outpatients Service
This is a new Full time Substantive 10 PA consultant post
About the team:
The Adult Eating Disorders Service within SLaM receives approximately 600 to 700 new referrals per annum, including local and national referrals. The out-patient, day-care, in-patient and step-up teams of the Eating Disorders service include psychiatrists, team leaders, clinical and counselling psychologists, psychiatric nurses, psychological therapists, dieticians, occupational therapists, and administrative staff. The medical staffing includes one NHS consultant, three senior clinical academics (one part time), and 3 trainee psychiatrists (2 CT1-3, one ST4).
The service covers the London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham. Our approach is largely bio-psycho-social. We embrace diversity and tackle stigma.
The Maudsley Eating Disorders Service is internationally renowned for its research, with close links to the IoPPN, and is at the forefront of treatment development, having generated much of the evidence underpinning contemporary eating disorder treatments.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed consultant psychiatrist to work in a specialist eating disorders service, providing flexible clinical leadership and consultant responsibility and working closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team. The post holder will provide clinical work specifically in the outpatient unit of the Adult Eating Disorders Service in the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM).
About the location:
The outpatient service is based at the Maudsley Hospital, Denmark Hill, SE5 8AZ.
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It’s important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further details / informal visits contact: Dr Nikola Kern - Consultant Psychiatrist - Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org