CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist - (RRP £15k)
Thank you for considering Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LPFT) as your future employer.
The Trust is committed to work life balance now more than ever which will continue even in a post COVID-19 landscape. LPFT will consider all flexible working requests coupled with remote working including geographically distanced working where this can be safely managed and agreed within your job plan.
LPFT are looking for x2 CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrists to join our award winning outstanding CAMHS Service. There are x2 posts available totalling 1.4WTE. Less than full time applications are welcomed, and discussions can be had should you wish to increase the number of PA’s.
Ideally we are looking for Consultants with experience however, applications are welcomed from those with a passion for CAMHS and the successful individual will be mentored, coached and developed within your individual job plan.
This is a replacement post and you will contribute to the provision of a specialist and multi-disciplinary community-based Child and Adolescent Mental Health service to the area of Grantham, Sleaford, and North Spalding and surrounding villages serving a population of around 38000.
Due to COVID-19 the rate of referrals has varied however, on average the team receives 70 referrals per month. The post holder will work with colleagues from the Grantham and Boston CAMHS hubs with clinics being held at Sycamore Centre Grantham, Riversdale Clinic Sleaford and Johnson Community Hospital and Spalding.
You will liaise with and develop sound working relationships with practitioners in other agencies such as the Lincolnshire Councils (Local Authority) Children’s Service which incorporates Social Care and Education Departments as well as acute and community Paediatrics provided by United Lincolnshire Hospital Trusts (ULHT).
Facts about our CAMHS services:
- Lincolnshire CAMHS rated outstanding by the CQC since 2016
- Lincolnshire CAMHS is made up of specialist service including Core services, Crisis Services, Eating Disorder Services and Learning Disability Services, as well as a service for young people who have concerning sexual behaviours (Harmful behaviours).
- The service offer evidence based treatment pathways.
- Lincolnshire CAMHS is also piloting a new care model which provides an intensive community treatment model to young people and families, with a view to reduce tier 4 admission and ensure care for young people is provided at home.
- Lincolnshire CAMHS is part of wider CYP Services, that includes education early intervention and prevention teams (Healthy Minds Lincolnshire) as well as rolling out the Mental Health Support Teams in schools
- Lincolnshire CAMHS has achieved awards for the successful development and implementation of Peer Support
About the Trust
This is an excellent and exciting time to join an innovative trust, aspiring for better patient outcomes.
The Trust has services across 4 divisions divided into Adult Inpatient & Urgent Care, Adult Community, Older Adults & Frailty Division and Specialist Services across 50 locations, employing over 2500 staff with an average income of £110m.
We are proud that in the past 3 years we have been rated by our own staff as one of the best mental health trusts in England and in the top 10% nationally of all Trusts. CAMHS services within LPFT have been rated “outstanding” since 2016 which is an accolade we are very proud of.
We firmly believe that the key to high quality patient care is a contented workforce and this is reflected in the Care Quality Commission rating us as ‘outstanding’ for well led and ‘good’ overall. LPFT is a high performing and financially sound organisation and consistently recognised by our junior doctors as the best place in the East Midlands for their education, learning and development (GMC Survey).
- Attractive remuneration package including an additional recruitment premium of £15k
- Local pension options outside of NHS Pension
- Flexible relocation package up to £8k
- Active internal medical bank with competitive hourly rates
- Protected time for research and special clinical interests
- Annual Clinical Excellence Awards
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £2000 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on learning and development
- Excellent post graduate training experience and medical education team
- Flexible working, less than full time working, geographically distanced home working considered where this can be safely managed
- Excellent staff benefits; see attached staff benefits booklet
- Health and wellbeing support, e.g. early access to physiotherapy, psychological therapies, occupational therapy and more
- Enhanced maternity package – 52 weeks leave
- Supportive carer / family leave policy for family emergencies
People move to Lincolnshire, primarily, for the quality of life on offer: a real mix of bustling historic market towns, idyllic villages, miles of unspoilt coastline, areas of outstanding natural beauty and one of the greatest cathedral cities in Britain.
Property prices are typically 60% of the average of those in the south east – first time buyers can take their first step on the property ladder for as little as £60,000. If you require a larger family home or just like lots of space, then £250,000 will buy you something very special indeed.
All this plus a diverse and fast-growing economy, low unemployment, a healthy environment, low crime rates, health and education facilities well above the national average and affordable housing.
For a better insight into the Trust and the role itself please contact Dr Adaeze Bradshaw, Clinical Director Specialist Services / Consultant Psychiatrist on email@example.com
For the right candidate, where there is a genuine interest in the vacancy the Trust is committed to supporting a working holiday with travel and accommodation funded for you. This visit would allow you to meet future colleagues, gain a good understanding of the role itself and the environment in which you’d be working in and to explore what Lincolnshire has to offer. The goal of the visit would be to ensure the post is a good fit for you and the Trust.
If you also have a partner and / or family who would want to relocate with you, please also mention this in your discussions with the CD and we can explore employment opportunities for them also.