Consultant Psychiatrist - Kingston Older People’s CMHT
Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist in the Kingston Older Adult Community Mental Health Team - 10PAs
South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
Cognition and Mental Health in Ageing Service Line / Old Age Psychiatry
Tolworth Hospital, Red Lion Rd, Tolworth, Surbiton KT6 7QU
£82,096 - £110,683 Per Annum plus Allowances
SWLSTG are currently looking to appoint a Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist for the Kingston Older Adult CMHT.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Old Age Psychiatrist to join an established community mental health team in Kingston. The post holder will demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, in order to provide medical leadership to the team. This is a varied role and will include working across the Memory Assessment Service and the CMHT.
The Key roles and responsibilities of the post include:
• To provide medical leadership to the team and lead on the management of older adult patients in the London Borough of Kingston referred to the team, along with two consultant colleagues
- To assess and review patients referred to the service via out patient clinics, virtual appointments and home visits
- Joint working with CPNs, OTs and other members of the MDT to offer support and advice about the management of Old Age Psychiatric patients
• There is an opportunity provide Clinical supervision to a Psychiatric Trainee (CT1-CT3)
• To participate in weekly care planning meetings
- Support for emergencies during the day, including Mental Health Act assessments if required
- To liaise with other parts of the service line, particularly Jasmine Ward also based at Tolworth Hospital when in-patient admission is required, as well as GPs and non NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To provide medical leadership and senior clinical support to the multi-disciplinary team.
- To undertake more complex capacity assessments and apply the Mental Capacity and Mental Health Act appropriately
- To deliver pharmacological treatment in accordance with NICE guidance.
- To actively participate in older adults’ research projects, including ongoing Young Onset Dementia in the Trust Clinical Research Unit
- To supporting managerial priorities and tasks of the Trust
- As a member of the senior management team, the post holder will be expected to contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the service line
- Administration, audit and training.
- Attendance at Continuing Professional Development meetings and mandatory training events.
- Contribute on a regular basis to the medical and clinical audit processes and Clinical Governance activities undertaken within the Trust and in line with professional regulations, taking leadership for at least one audit annually
Closing Date: Midnight, 27th January 2021
Assessment Centre: Friday 5th February 2021
Virtual Interview via MS Teams: Monday 8th February 2021
For more information Contact :
Dr Matthew Francis, Associate Clinical Director CMHA