Oncology Senior House Officer
Resident Doctor Oncology/Haematology
Location: The Christie Manchester ( HCA Healthcare UK Private Facility )
Salary £55,000 -£60,000per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term, up to 2 years
Shifts 08.00 to 20.00 and 20.00 to 08.00
Shift Patter: X3 Clinical 12 hour shifts per week, blocked together, there is also an additional an additional paid 6 hours admin/study time on top of this commitment.
We are actively recruiting for a Resident Doctor – Oncology/Haematology Ward and Clinic based role, Inpatients and Outpatients Cancer Care.
Our Resident Doctors, will play a crucial role within the Independent Healthcare Sector; with Consultants working as Independent Practitioners, the hospital requires the presence of the Resident Doctor to provide continuous quality patient care to support these Consultants. This role is suited to ST1/CT1 level doctors with interest in acute medicine, Oncology and Haematology, Cancer Care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
Skills & Experience
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC, Completion of FY1/FY2 training
- Acute Medicine and/or Oncology experience desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
About The Christie Private Care
We have an excellent opportunity for a junior doctor seeking to gain outstanding Medical Oncology and Haematology experience, sought after specialist knowledge in a consultant led learning environment based our The Christie Private Care facility, located on the campus the of The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester.
We were recently awarded “Best Private Hospital Group” at the 2020 Health Investor Awards. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities with a choice of full time or part time contract.