Consultant Psychiatrist Adult Community Service, Yeovil
Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Community Service, Yeovil
Here at Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, we are looking for an enthusiastic Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team of community consultants covering the South Somerset area. You will be joining a team of consultants who work to a functional model following a community/inpatient split. There are no inpatient responsibilities attached to this post.
If you are successful in securing this post you will provide senior psychiatric input to the East Yeovil community mental health providing a service to 6 of the 20 GP surgeries in the Yeovil area. The GP population catchment area for this post is 62,409.
You will be based at Holly Court in Yeovil; the West Yeovil Adult CMHT, South Somerset Home Treatment Team, Early Psychosis (STEP) Team and the Assertive Outreach Team (AOT) are also based at Holly Court.
- Deliver direct interventions including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental and physical health needs through outpatient clinics at Holly Court and home visits as required
- Act as Responsible Clinician (RC) for patients subject to a Community Treatment Order and occasionally, by mutual agreement, for patients on extended Section 17 leave from Rydon Ward. This will include the preparation of Mental Health Act (MHA) Review Tribunal and other reports and attending MHA Tribunals
- Undertake MHA assessments as the Trust Section 12 doctor for patients in their catchment area
- Work closely with the community teams to provide effective multidisciplinary collaborative care; this will include availability for consultation, case discussion and advice at the request of team members and / or the team managers
The post-holder can opt to join the senior out-of-hours on-call rota subject to availability. Duties include senior medical and RC cover for the inpatient wards and S12 MHA work both in Trust premises and in the community.
This is currently a 1 in 10 rota operating 5pm to 9am on weekdays; at weekends the rota operates from 9am on Saturday morning to 9am on Monday morning.
- Section 12 Approved
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register; eligible for entry on Register or within 6 months of receipt of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) at time of interview or CESR
About The Trust
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust is the first NHS trust on the English mainland to provide community, mental health and acute hospital services. We work with health and social care partners in Somerset to ensure that we deliver outstanding services that meet the needs of our population.
Our trust was formed on 1 April 2020 when Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust merged. We provide community and mental health services across the whole of Somerset and acute hospital services in the north, west and centre of the county and beyond.
Straddled between areas of outstanding natural beauty and the idyllic rolling hills of Exmoor, featuring national hotspots for cycling, surfing, and climbing such as Cheddar Gorge, there’s plenty to keep you occupied alongside the abundance of music festivals and local traditions. Somerset offers you the chance to live near some of the UK’s most desirable locations; from the beaches in North Devon and Cornwall, to the cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath and Exeter, whilst also being less than 2 hours from London. The County town of Taunton has diverse shopping, restaurants, and regularly hosts international music and sporting fixtures.
The South West of England is a highly desirable place to live. Compared to other regions, house prices in the area are quite reasonable. Rural properties in many of the pretty villages in South Somerset and North Dorset are within easy commute to the hospital. Many properties have land or large gardens attached.
If you’ve got family commitments, or are looking to settle down, Somerset offers some of the best schools in the country ranging from Public institutions such as Millfield, Queens College, Taunton School, Kings College, Wellington, and Blundell’s, to award winning state schools such as Richard Huish College which has been ranked in the top 10 of A-level providers nationally for the last eight years, through to secondary’s ranking in the top 5% nationally such as The Castle school in Taunton.
Contact Details/Informal Visits/Interview Dates:
Dr Sathya Cherukuri, Deputy Clinical Director,
01823 368366 or Sathya.Cherukuri@somersetft.nhs.uk
If you would like to discuss the application process for this role please contact Jordan Pollard, Medical Recruitment Consultant on 07765898212 or Jordan.Pollard@somersetft.nhs.uk