Specialty Doctor in Perinatal Mental Health
Speciality Doctor in Perinatal Mental Health Team
Hours: full time
Somerset NHS Foundation trust is inviting applications for the post of Specialty Doctor in Perinatal Mental Health.
Somerset Perinatal Mental Health Service will provide a specialist, multidisciplinary community mental health service for the assessment and treatment of pregnant and post-natal women with severe mental health illness, including post-partum psychosis and their babies.
This is a new service so this post represents a fantastic opportunity to contribute to developing high quality perinatal services.
- To provide good quality clinical care across the Perinatal Service and maintain a high level of expertise and skill necessary for optimal outcomes for mother, infant and the wider family.
- To deliver direct interventions including assessment, diagnosis, risk assessment, management and treatment of mental, physical and pregnancy related health needs through outpatient clinics and domiciliary visits as required.
- To implement good practice including national guidelines and actively contribute to the development of community services, interfacing with the Perinatal Mental Health Service.
- To support the Named Consultant and Responsible Clinician working arrangements as detailed above.
- To work closely with mental health, obstetric, child and families services to provide effective multidisciplinary collaborative care; this will include availability for consultation, case discussion and advice at the request of team members and / or the team managers.
- There are no inpatient responsibilities or external duties for this post.
About the Trust
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust is the first NHS trust on the English mainland to provide community, mental health and acute hospital services. We work with health and social care partners in Somerset to ensure that we deliver outstanding services that meet the needs of our population.
Our trust was formed on 1 April 2020 when Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust merged. We provide community and mental health services across the whole of Somerset and acute hospital services in the north, west and centre of the county and beyond.
Straddled between areas of outstanding natural beauty and the idyllic rolling hills of Exmoor, featuring national hotspots for cycling, surfing, and climbing such as Cheddar Gorge, there’s plenty to keep you occupied alongside the abundance of music festivals and local traditions. Somerset offers you the chance to live near some of the UK’s most desirable locations; from the beaches in North Devon and Cornwall, to the cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath and Exeter, whilst also being less than 2 hours from London. The County town of Taunton has diverse shopping, restaurants, and regularly hosts international music and sporting fixtures.
The South West of England is a highly desirable place to live. Compared to other regions, house prices in the area are quite reasonable. Rural properties in many of the pretty villages in South Somerset and North Dorset are within easy commute to the hospital. Many properties have land or large gardens attached.
If you’ve got family commitments, or are looking to settle down, Somerset offers some of the best schools in the country ranging from Public institutions such as Millfield, Queens College, Taunton School, Kings College, Wellington, and Blundell’s, to award winning state schools such as Richard Huish College which has been ranked in the top 10 of A-level providers nationally for the last eight years, through to secondary’s ranking in the top 5% nationally such as The Castle school in Taunton.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Michelle Butterworth, Clinical Director for Specialist Mental Health Services - Michelle.Butterworth@somersetft.nhs.uk
Debbie Bunce, Operational Service Lead for Perinatal Mental Health - Debbie.Bunce@somersetft.nhs.uk
If you would like to discuss the application process for this role please contact Jordan Pollard, Medical Recruitment Consultant on 07765898212 or Jordan.Pollard@somersetft.nhs.uk