Consultant Psychiatrist - Child and Adolescent (CAMHS) Tier 3 - Merton
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist,
Merton CAMHS 8-10 PA
About the team:
Merton CAMHS service is an established multidisciplinary team covering the London Borough of Merton. This is an exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team which provides a community service and has close links with local authority, schools and third sector organisations across the borough. The post holder will be joining a skilled, motivated, and innovative multidisciplinary team committed to providing evidence based interventions and continual learning.
The trust CAMHS service has a well-established Crises Emergency Care Service which assesses young people who present at A and E and an Adolescent Assertive Outreach team which provides interventions to young people who require more assertive interventions.
We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic psychiatrist to join our group of over 20 CAMHS psychiatrists, within our CAMHS Service Line in SW London St. Georges Mental Health Trust.
About the role:
The post holder will work with the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide clinical leadership to Merton CAMHS service. This is a substantive post for 8-10 Programmed Activities (PAs) per week. The post holder will conduct initial assessments, provide psychiatric consultation to colleagues and prescribe medication when clinically indicated. They will be offered excellent opportunities to engage with service development and CPD opportunities.
The post-holder will be responsible to the CAMHS Associate Clinical Director, SW London St George’s Mental Health Trust.
About the location:
Merton CAMHS is close to local transport links and has plenty of free parking. It is within a short walk of the local shops.
Our Trust headquarters is located within the impressive grounds of Springfield University Hospital in Tooting and we also operate in nearly 100 other locations throughout the UK. This is easily accessible via the Northern Line (Tooting Bec Station) and via private transport. The Trust provides subsidised parking fares for all our substantive staff. Our main site is located immediately next to Tooting High Street where staff can easily access a range of shops, cafés, restaurants etc.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
For a full list of our benefits please visit our website
To Discuss the role please contact:
Dr Claire Dimond, Associate Clinical Director Tel: 0203513 3800, Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Monica Aziz, Consultants Psychiatrist, Merton CAMHS Monica.email@example.com
CLOSING DATE : Midnight on Sunday, 29th November 2020
ASSESSMENT CENTRE: Friday 4th December - please ensure your availability
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 7th December via MS Teams
We look forward to receiving your application.