Locum Appointment for Service (Higher) - Acute Medicine & Care of the Elderly
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and capable doctors for the above post at ST3+ level in Acute Medicine and Care of the Elderly within Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The post does not attract educational approval from Health Education England, but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in local teaching/ training.
The successful applicant will be appointed to this post on a fixed term contract. Working in Acute Medicine from 2nd December 2020 until 6th April 2021 and Care of the Elderly from 7th April 2021 until 3rd August 2021.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a ‘Good’ CQC-rated Hospital with a vision to moving to “Outstanding” and joining only 7 other hospitals in the country with this rating.
Informal enquiries and visits are welcomed by direct contact with Dr Fraz Ahmed, Consultant and Dr Bahaa Madi, Consultant.
This post offers:
- Excellent experience of Acute and Elderly Medicine in a DGH setting
- Support from experienced middle grade doctors working a full shift system.
- Full consultant cover readily available
- Ward and outpatient Phlebotomy service
- Opportunity to experience Acute Medical Assessment Clinic (Ambulatory Care)
- Regular weekly commitment to three one-hour educational sessions with a programme developed to meet the needs of all trainees
- On site PGME and library facilities
- Regular appraisal and Performance Reviews
To apply please click the apply button.