Consultant - Recovery Team
F/T Consultant Psychiatrists (Recovery Team)
Location: Eastglade Centre/Northlands, Sheffield
Hours: 10 Pas per week
Post Ref: 457-20-026-MD
We are looking for two committed individuals to work with our Recovery teams. The successful applicant will work with the multidisciplinary teams offering a recovery and community orientated treatment model to adults with a range of mental health needs. The successful applicant will work closely with other Consultant Psychiatrists in the recovery team and other teams.
The principle aim of the post is to provide medical leadership to the recovery team. Such medical leadership is pivotal to the success of the teams.
The successful candidate may wish to develop a role within medical leadership, medical education, quality improvement or a special clinical interest and such development would be supported by the trust and be negotiated with the individual candidate.
What’s on offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible relocation package
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years with a study leave budget of £1500 per annum
- A strong ethos on learning and development for medical staff
- Annual Clinical Excellence Awards
- Excellent staff benefits, e.g. salary sacrifice schemes
- Flexible working and less than full time applications supported
- All consultants are expected to take part in the on-call rota, which due to being low frequency and supported by a full trainee and a registrar rota is remunerated at 1%.
Opportunities exist within the trust for Doctors to help develop mental health services in Uganda with the Gulu Sheffield mental health partnership. Staff working in SHSC have access to a unique opportunity to travel to Uganda with the partnership and work with Mental Health teams in Africa.
Consultants joining Sheffield Health and Social Care trust feel welcomed, valued and secure in the knowledge that they have a stable, well established and supportive environment in which to work.
Work life balance is extremely important when picking a consultant post. Sheffield has affordable housing, good state and private education options available plus all the benefits of a modern large city. Most of all, Sheffield is surrounded by the beautiful “Peak District National Park”. The Peak District can be accessed by a 15-minute drive from most areas in Sheffield. This offers residents in Sheffield easy reach of pure countryside, covering hills, valleys and rivers.
Applicants must hold full registration with the General Medical Council and must be on or eligible to be on the specialist register in general adult psychiatry.