Head of Critical Care Services
HEAD OF RESIDENT DOCTORS
MEDICAL SERVICES- CRITICAL CARE SERVICE LINE
If you are a doctor looking for an alternative strategically focused role, with the ability to drive and practice leadership, coupled with the opportunity for clinical practice too, this opportunity could be ideal. A combination of clinical expertise and people management, you’ll play a crucial role in leading critical care provisions for the best, safest, and most effective patient care.
- Full Time. Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week Permanent Contract - (Management)
- Salary £80000-90000k depending on experience. Private medical healthcare insurance, contributory private pension, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
- Plus Fully Funded Masters Degree in Medical Leadership at City University in association with Cass Business School
- Location base; HCA Healthcare UK Corporate Head office and Princess Grace Hospital, London.
The leadership role will have both site-based lead and speciality lead responsibilities. This particular role is site lead for Princess Grace Hospital and Critical Care Service Line.
This is a significant managerial position and part clinical too. As a trained Critical Care / Anaesthetic doctor, you will be best placed to be responsible for direct line management of Critical Care Resident Doctors and accountable for the services they provide within the HCA Healthcare UK Group. This position is part of an established team of 5 other Heads of Resident Doctors responsible for different service lines and HCA sites.
Summary of Duties for the successful candidate;
- As a people manager, you will provide direct line management to all c40 Employed Critical Care Resident Doctors, across the HCA group.
- Directly manage performance, well-being, and commitment to HCA. You will lead on recruiting new Resident Doctors for permanent and temporary vacancies.
- Provide your new employees with a robust orientation and supervision. Utilising your Critical Care knowledge, you will provide mentorship, support and development Work in partnership with our sites HR and Finance departments, to oversee employment contract agreements, study agreements.
- You also be accountable for managing budgets resourcefully, any workforce-related costs; salaries, education, or temporary workforce usage and spend.
- This is a role aligned to Princess Grace senior management team, as their go-to Resident Doctor site lead, to ensure consistent, high-quality care is delivered across all their functions, to lead on any onsite concerns as they arise.
- You will also be encouraged to work part clinical too, among your colleagues on ad-hoc shifts to maintain your clinical skills, and this will be to the level of a Resident Doctor (SPR) in the Critical Care Units.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, ambitious specialist trained registrar or junior consultant with a desire for leadership and management. An upbeat motivational personality, who can lead on; projects, change direction, deliver high-level stakeholder management and can relate and engage well to our Resident Doctor population.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Cass Fellowship Programme; Executive Masters in Medical Leadership (EMML) or willingness to undertake the programme
- 5 years' Critical Care/ Anaesthetic, medical training
- Relevant Royal College Memberships
- Supervising or training trainee doctors. Managing a diverse workforce and associated employee matters.
#Please note for consultant applications this role does not come with any private practice privileges, any clinical work requirements are that to the level of an SPR Doctor (Resident Doctor)