Consultant Radiologist with a subspecialty interest in Interventional
Applications are invited for the Consultant Radiologist with a subspecialty interest in Interventional Radiology. This a whole time offering an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Consultant to join a dynamic, rapidly expanding team delivering multidisciplinary acute care in St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals.
The post will maintain and increase our current establishment of 17 consultant radiologists and allow further development of the imaging service, including extended day working.
The Trust has excellent management, robust systems and innovative processes all of which have underpinned a period of sustained and improved performance.
The Diagnostic Imaging Service at both Whiston and St Helens Hospitals was awarded the highest possible CQC rating of ‘Outstanding’ (the only such acute Trust service in the country to be awarded this rating). The department operates a 1 in 13.8 on call general rota; with full SPR cover. We are a progressive friendly department and we can offer flexible working patterns including the potential for home working as part of the job plan.
The Interventional staff consists of 3 Interventional radiologists, 4 Nurses and 7 radiographers.
There is an interventional suite equipped with a GE Innova angiographic unit, This will be replaced in January 2021 with a Siemens Artis Q ceiling mounted C arm system.
The interventional on call is provided by Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Applicants must be eligible for full registration with the GMC at the time of appointment.
Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via one of the following:
1) Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
(the proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview)
2) Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
(CESR Candidates must have written GMC confirmation upon successful application)
The radiology department has achieved the Quality standard for imaging (QSI) in 2019.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018 and March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Interview Date: Monday 14th December 2020
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Andrea Howes, Clinical Director for Radiology on 0151 430 1748 or Mrs Susan Conroy, Radiology Manager on 0151 430 1717
Potential applicants are strongly recommended to visit the department.