Consultant in Burns & Plastics Surgery interest in Breast & Microsurgery
Applicants are invited to apply for the whole time position of Consultant Burns & Plastic Surgeon with an interest in breast reconstruction and microsurgery. This job plan is a basic 10 PA job plan with an additional 2 PA’s which include on-call and travel time; travel expenses will also be paid. Additional PA’s will be reviewed with the successful appointee at regular intervals. SPA time for full-time Consultants per week is 1.5 core SPA’s for professional revalidation, personal appraisal, personal job planning, mandatory training, participation in departmental and governance meetings plus 1 non-core SPA to be agreed with the Clinical Director on appointment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated surgeon to join a dynamic, expanding team delivering multidisciplinary care from within the Mersey Regional Burns and Plastic Surgery unit based at St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (STHK).
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult and paediatric in-patient, out-patient, day case and emergency services to the local communities of St Helens, Knowsley, Cheshire and Merseyside and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
The Trust has excellent management, robust systems and innovative processes all of which have underpinned a period of sustained and improved performance with a recent CQC rating of outstanding.
The Trust is developing and expanding its services and driving the quality of patient care ever higher, ensuring that it has a healthy long term future and continues to thrive in the changing healthcare economy. At the heart of its current success and forward planning is the delivery of the ‘5 Star Patient Care’ strategy, defining how the Trust provides an excellent experience for every patient, every time.
Our vision is to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time. To support us in this ambition, we enjoy close links with our leading universities, including the University of Liverpool, John Moore’s University and Edge Hill University, and we have specific strengths in education and training. To complement this, we also have strong research portfolios and host a number of professional units in medicine and surgery. We believe that staff engagement is an absolute priority and our strong leadership and development programmes, demonstrate how much we value our staff.
Applicants must be eligible for full registration with the GMC at the time of appointment.
Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via one of the following:
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
(the proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview)
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR)
(CESR candidates must have written GMC confirmation upon successful application)
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure with both children’s and adults’ barred lists.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018 and March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Interview Date: Monday 30th November 2020
For an informal discussion, or to arrange a visit, please contact Mr Alex Benson, Clinical Director, Burns and Plastic Surgery Directorate on 0151 430 1864 or Miss Rieka Taghizadeh, Consultant Burns & Plastic Surgeon and Breast Reconstruction Clinical Lead through her secretary on 0151 430 1999.