Locum Consultant Clinical Oncologist
Consultant Clinical Oncologist Urology/Lymphoma/Acute Oncology
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious oncologist to join the team, delivering cancer care to the population of circa 535,000. We are offering a new post with potential special interest in areas of Urological Malignancies, Lymphoma and Acute Oncology.
You will be joining an ambitious team with a reputation for punching above their weight, including a number of consultants who are active within national roles. They are a research orientated department with a dedicated clinical trials team and are one of the highest recruiters within the South West and nationally for number of trials.
The Oncology Department provides Clinical and Medical Oncology inpatient and outpatient services as well as radiotherapy and chemotherapy to all common tumour sites. We have also been rated as an area of Outstanding Practice by CQC (2016) and have the highest CMG score in the South West for training,
- To provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to patients requiring Oncology services
- You will be required to undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of your patients
- Participate in audit and directorate meetings and undertake administrative duties as required by the lead clinician
- Fulfill the duties and responsibilities, and undertaking the Programmed Activities set out in your Job Plan, as reviewed annually
- You will be involved with the teaching and training junior doctors, helping with both their professional and personal development
- Provide agreed levels of cover where required during the absence of colleagues on leave
There is no on call committment
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, and the post will be 4 days a week
We also offer you the chance to experience life in the West Country, offering you the chance to live near some of the UK’s most desirable location; from the beaches in North Devon and Cornwall, to the cosmopolitan centres of Bristol, Bath and Exeter, whilst also being less than 2 hours from London. The County town of Taunton has diverse shopping, restaurants, and regularly hosts international music and sporting fixtures. Somerset also offers some of the best school in the country from Public Institutions such as Millfield, Queens College, Taunton School, Kings College, Wellington School and Blundell’s, to award winning state school such as the Richard Huish College.
For further details / informal visits contact:
FURTHER INFORMATION AND VISITING ARRANGEMENTS
If you’d like to discuss any of these posts, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have, or arrange an informal visit to introduce you to your future team and department;
Dr Joanne Botten Clinical Service Lead 01823 342418
To apply for this position please click the apply now button