Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist Or General Adult Psychiatry
Salary: Excellent Remuneration Benefits + Relocation Package
As part of our ongoing development we are seeking a forward thinking, dynamic Consultant Psychiatrist to join the existing and highly skilled MDT at Heatherwood Court Hospital Cardiff, South Wales which support patients with mental disorder, severe mental illness, personality disorders, within low secure and locked rehabilitation services. You will also hold a small community case load within our community residential service Ocean Community Services.
Ludlow Street Healthcare is a dynamic expanding organization that offers innovative approaches to complex problems for adults and young people with mental disorders, severe mental illness, personality disorder, dementia, acquired brain injury and learning disability ASD and complex Mental Health Problems. The patients, students and residents we offer services are based across our three purpose built hospitals, residential college and community placements.
In this senior position, you will deliver patient-focused care at the hospital, leading the MDT process and provide assessment and treatment for patients. You will play a key role in pre-admission assessments and be expected to provide medical reports for Mental Health Tribunals, Managers Hearings, CTP’s and CPA’s together with participating in the Doctors on call rota.
You would also be expected to liaise with MAPPA, MoJ, MASH services and provide reports on your patients as requested.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Full GMC registration,
- Consultant Psychiatrists to possess full membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent or registered as a responsible clinician.
- Applicants must have MRC Psych or equivalent and hold a CCT in Forensic Psychiatry or Adult Psychiatry.
- Current knowledge and registration as a Section 12 (2) approved Doctor or Clinician
- Experience of assessing and treating patients with complex Psychiatric disorders with and without forensic needs..
- Experience working in a service managing Personality disorder and trauma would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and be committed to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including, Nursing, Clinical and Forensic Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Dieticians and Physiotherapists.
For further information about Ludlow Street Healthcare please visit our website:- www.lshealthcare.co.uk For an informal chat about the position and/or working for Ludlow Street Healthcare please telephone 2920394410 to arrange to speak with Dr. Simon Burton Medical Director. Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.