SPECIALTY DOCTOR - FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY - HMP WANDSWORTH (18.75 Hours/5 PAs)
Applications are invited for one suitable candidate to provide clinical care for patients receiving mental health care at HMP Wandsworth. This post is 9am – 5pm with no on call responsibilities.
The successful candidate will work across the 12-bedded inpatient mental healthcare unit (Addison Unit), the mental health In-reach and Primary Care team (equivalent of a community team), and the enhanced complex care team – and will be involved as a multidisciplinary team member in the assessment and management of patients on Addison Unit, in the outpatient clinics and on the prison wings.
HMP Wandsworth is a busy local remand prison with an operational capacity of approximately 1660 spaces. The Mental Health Service within HMPW is delivered alongside prison officers who manage the operational environment, and the mental health team, which is cohesive and multi-disciplinary, and utilizes a person-centred, recovery-focused and well-being stepped model of care and the successful applicant will help in identifying those who present with both mental illness and neurodevelopmental disorders and then consider appropriate care pathways.
Although it would be beneficial, previous experience of working in a prison setting is not essential, as a thorough local induction and training package will be provided.
We have a supportive management structure that values the wellbeing of all clinicians, and we strongly believe in supporting both team and self-development through offering continuous professional development opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates / future colleagues either by phone or in person for an informal coffee and chat.
Please refer to the Job description for further details and please do get in touch if you want to know more or to arrange a site visit.
- Please note that prison vetting will need to be undertaken for this role. If successful at shortlisting stage, you will be invited for an interview
- All applications for this post will need to be made online
- It is important to read and understand the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role. Your Statement in Support should reflect the requirements specified as your application will be judged against these criteria
- The closing date listed is a guide only and that the vacancy may close earlier should sufficient number of applicants have been received. We advise that you submit your application as early as possible
- Once you have submitted your application you agree to your application being transferred to a 3rd party e-recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs
- Should you not have heard from us within three weeks from the closing date your application has not successful
- Priority consideration for applications may be given to at-risk NHS employees
- Should you be successful and appointed, you authorise South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust to confirm your previous NHS service via an Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is a smoke free Trust
- This position has College approval
For further details / informal visits contact: Dr. Iain Kooyman Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, 020 8588 4589, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr Nigel Blackwood, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist and Academic Researcher, Email: email@example.com