An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated GP with a desire to practice holistic, dynamic, patient-focused medicine in a modern and evolving practice. This is a rare opportunity to join the GP team on Islay providing 24/7 care to the residents and visitors to the island.
- Holistic care provided across 3 primary care sites
- Six bed Community Hospital, Day Treatment centre and Emergency Department
- Close links with Glasgow Secondary and Tertiary care centres and the ScotSTAR retrieval teams
- Committed programme of undergraduate medical education
- An established and supportive team of principal and salaried GPs and healthcare professionals committed to service development and effective health and social care integration
- Usually busy island with thriving whisky industry, tourism, varied economy, leisure opportunities and Hebridean culture
Out of hours care is an essential part of the holistic service provided by the GP team allowing us to provide high-quality joined up care within an integrated wider team.
This is an ideal post for GPs who want to work as generalists across daytime practice, community hospital inpatient care and a busy and varied rural emergency department. It is ideal for those hoping to develop their CV, gain experience in remote and rural primary care and develop teaching skills.
Experience in Emergency or Acute Medicine is preferred but not essential and the successful candidate will be supported to develop their skills to meet the demands of the role.
The post will be salaried for daytime work with additional pro-rata remuneration for Out of Hours sessions. The ideal candidate would work full time (8 sessions) for daytime primary care and community hospital cover but this is negotiable for the right candidate. There would be a requirement for participation in the out-of-hours rota. The remuneration package is attractive and includes practice indemnity cover. The postholder will be entitled to a Remote & Rural Golden Hello payment of £10,000 plus relocation expenses of up to £5,000.
Maybe you have become disillusioned with modern, urban General Practice and want to rekindle your passion for patient-focussed general medicine? Maybe you are starting your career and want to experience life and work in a unique place with exciting and dynamic practice?
As we adapt to different ways of working with the unique challenge of COVID-19 and its impact on remote and rural communities, now could be the perfect time to join our team and help shape the ‘new future’ of Rural General Practice and Community Hospital medicine.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by contacting Dr Angus MacTaggart on 01496 302103. Applications should be made by submission of CV and covering letter to Islay Medical Practice Business Manager via the apply click button. by Tuesday, 1st September 2020.