Clinical Fellow (Locally Employed Doctor) in Oncology Critical Care
1 day left
- Full Time
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Acute Medic, supporting Anaesthesia and Level 2 & 3 critical care at one of Europe’s leading cancer centres.
This post is suited for doctors with at least two years post foundation years’ experience in relevant acute specialties
The successful candidate will gain valuable experience working within an integrated oncological critical care service, led by a dedicated critical care consultant team, delivering high quality day to day patient care. They will provide daytime resident medical cover for the Oncological Critical Care Unit (OCCU), and support for the Cardiac Arrest, Outreach and Acute Pain Teams at The Christie. Additionally, the posts offer regular time-tabled supervised sessions in clinical Anaesthesia, and time for supportive activities such as audit. Full shift Rota delivered over a 2 week cycle (EWTD compliant).
The following opportunities are available:
• Trust and Departmental induction programmes
• Weekly departmental teaching sessions
• Experience and training in intensive care of adult cancer patients, including advanced cardiovascular and respiratory support, in our state-of-the-art eight bedded unit delivering 600 patient episodes per annum.
• Experience in clinical anaesthesia for a wide range of oncological surgical procedures, often complex and requiring multidisciplinary input, and for radiotherapy.
• Acute and Chronic Pain Services
• Access to comprehensive educational programmes within the Trust, the University of Manchester and the Greater Manchester region
• Consultant support for specific developmental needs of the post holder
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust is a designated teaching hospital of the University of Manchester. There is an excellent educational infrastructure. The hospital is situated in the pleasant surroundings of South Manchester, with the benefit of access to cultural and leisure facilities of our great city and proximity to the natural beauty of the Peak District, the Lake District and North Wales.
For an informal discussion contact Dr John Barnes 0161 918 7020