Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (3 posts)
1 post in Plastic Trauma,Limb Reconstruction and Microvascular Surgery
2 posts in Plastic hand Surgery
An exciting opportunity to help develop a new in-situ Orthoplastic service within the major trauma centre at Salford Royal.
- The successful candidate should be fellowship trained (Hand or Microvascular surgery) with CCT.
- The hand surgeons should have Hand Diploma (British/European) or evidence of enrolment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to organise their own workload.
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge, including all administrative duties associated with patient care.
- Contributing to undergraduate, post-graduate and continuing medical and multi professional education activity including teaching as necessary.
- Participation in clinical audit and research.
- Conducting appropriate duties in cases of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Multidisciplinary teamwork is envisaged as a key component of the working of this Trust and will involve Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) discussion with other colleagues.
- Development of special interests that fit in with the Directorate needs and the strategic direction of the Trust.
- Undertaking ward rounds as appropriate.
- Providing evidence-based care for patients in a multidisciplinary setting.
- There are regional research monies available, for which all staff are eligible to apply.
- The Department offers many exciting opportunities in the form of Lead Roles within the Department. The Lead roles are required to be on site and accommodated within the Monday to Friday job plan timetable.
In return you will:
- Be developed to support the growth of our Department and deliver high quality, safe care to all patients.
- Be supported to continue to pursue personal and professional development within your field.
- Be inspired to work as a team, considering the needs of the population we serve and our colleagues who provide our service.
- Be rewarded to be engaged with the Care Organisational developments, encourage innovation, and welcome change.
In line with the Trust’s Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social background or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
To discuss the posts further please contact: Mr Zaf Naqui (Orthopaedic Hand Consultant) firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Lindsay Muir (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Hand & Wrist) Lindsay.Muir@srft.nhs.uk Mr Aiman Khunda (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Limb Reconstruction, Hip and Knee), Governance Lead Aiman.Khunda@srft.nhs.uk Mr. Mounir Hakimi (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Trauma, Hip and Knee), Trauma Lead Mounir.Hakimi@srft.nhs.uk
To apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 23rd August 2020.
Interviews will take place on 21st September 2020.