Locum Consultant Physician in Acute Medicine
We are looking to appoint a Locum Acute Physician to help consolidate our existing service for 12 months.
The Trust sees this appointment as a key part of an exciting opportunity to develop an innovative approach to acute medical care that places unscheduled care as the central function of the Trust in collaboration with local community partners.
This post will support the 3 existing Consultants in Acute Medicine at Basingstoke and will be pivotal in delivering a consultant lead service for our Emergency Medical Assessment Units. It will bolster the current model of care provided by Acute Medicine specialists and increase the scope and the quality of our front line service.
This is a 10 PA post
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Join the Acute General Medicine team and deliver the Trusts urgent care strategy .This will mean working in close co-operation with Emergency and Specialist Physicians, Older persons services and Primary care, to build an efficient and seamless system of care.
- Provide Consultant service on the Acute Medical Assessment Unit and in reach to the Emergency Department. Rapid Ambulatory Assessment services and direct GP admission services are active. The post holder would be supported in further developing pathways of care for ambulatory patients.
- On-going Consultant support to short stay patients, general medical patients remaining on the assessment units.
- To participate in teaching and training of junior staff.
- Participate in audit and responsibility for clinical governance.