Priory Hospital Burgess Hill (D11), Gatehouse Lane, Goddards Green, Hassocks, West Sussex BN6 9LE
Priory Group Division
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is a 62-bedded hospital located in beautiful West Sussex offering high quality care to patients across a range of service lines including Low Secure, PICU, Locked Rehabilitation (Personality Disorder) and Acute.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients' recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We are now looking to appoint a Speciality Doctor to work across two of our wards (reporting to two Consultant Psychiatrists). We want someone who can help deliver a real and lasting difference to our patients, by building a culture that supports our values and puts the people we care for at the centre of what we do.
Amy Johnson ward provides a fixed 12-month treatment programme to ten women using an intensive Dialectical Behaviour Therapy approach. Edith Cavell is an 18 bedded male acute ward.
Elizabeth Anderson ward is a ten bedded female PICU.
Michael Shepherd is a 16 bedded female low secure ward.
Wendy Orr is an eight bedded male PICU.
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, you will be accountable for the delivery of high quality clinical services for our patients.
Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Undertake paper reviews and/or external psychiatric assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriateness of the referral and to initiate the care planning
• Provide medical input to management of inpatients under consultant supervision
• Prepare discharge summaries, reports and other associated documentation as necessary, in a timely manner
• Support the (sessional) GP in delivering physical health care and emergency treatment to patients who may have complex needs
• Participate in morning MDT handovers
• Work in collaboration with the MDT to monitor day to day progress and review care plans as needed
• Participate in weekly MDT reviews, complete risk assessments and follow up on agreed actions
• Liaise with professionals external to the hospital.
- Current GMC registration with license to practice
- Clinical skills and competencies consistent with experience of at least 2 years in psychiatry
- Appraisal or RITA within last 12 months
- Section 12 approval
- Experience of working in PICU or secure setting and/or with Personality Disorder patients
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists
What we can give you:
- Free DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Opportunities for further career development; weekly CPD programme attended by all doctors and other professionals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, healthcare cash plan, shopping discounts)
- Free meals and parking on site whilst on duty
If you would like to learn more please get in touch with Dr Martin Williams on 01444 231000, or email MartinWilliams2@priorygroup.com
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.
To apply please click the apply button.