Specialty Doctor, Mental Health
Aderyn and Aberbeeg Hospitals
As an experienced Specialty Doctor, join the team at the Aderyn and Aberbeeg to deliver high-quality clinical service to service users. No two days will be the same as you will work between two sites, Aderyn Hospital in Penperlleni for 2 days and Abeerbeeg Hospital in Aberbeeg for 3 days.
You will work closely with the unit’s multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that service users receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
The centre of our philosophy is that this journey is all about the individual. By ensuring individualised care is delivered which is evidenced based, people can move through pathways of care as their condition improves. Families and friends are an active part in each person’s recovery process and helping all reach the end goal of more independent living where this is possible.
Role - Specialty Doctor
Location - Aberbeeg, Abertillery (Aberbeeg Hospital) & Penperlleni, Nr Pontypool, Monmouthshire (Aderyn Hospital)
Our Specialty Doctor role also involves:
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
- Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods (the hospital has some phlebotomists).
- Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing mental health review tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at Tribunals and Hospital Managers’ hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
To be successful as a Specialty Doctor, you’ll need:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a general adult, rehabilitation or forensic setting
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status in Wales (desirable)
Where you will be working
Location: Aberbeeg Hospital, Aberbeeg, Abertillery, NP13 2DA
You will be working at Aberbeeg Hospital, a 12 bedded low secure service for men, ensuring that each person in your care receives an individualised formulation of needs and that the treatment delivered is appropriate.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will devise a collaborative twelve week therapeutic timetable and smart goals for service users, which is then reviewed and changed to reflect the development and achievements made for the next period of care.
Aberbeeg is located within the boundaries of the county borough of Caerphilly, set in 11.5 acres of land with beautiful views of the Welsh countryside.
Location: Penperlleni, Nr Pontypool, Monmouthshire, Wales NP4 0AH
You will be working at Aderyn, a high-quality step down service for men with enduring mental health conditions that sets a sector-leading example of clear care pathways for service users with a focus on recovery. As well as a 17 bed rehabilitation unit, there is also a 2 bed open rehabilitation cottage.
The unit is situated in a picturesque part of Wales with good transport links. You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team to provide service users with opportunities to improve their independence and prepare for an independent life in the community. Individual and collaborative therapeutic timetables are developed for each patient and individual psychological therapies are offered.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £75,000
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply, please click the apply button.