A very interesting job in Australia for FRANZCOGs, overseas trained specialists (ideally already assessed by RANZCOG as 'substantially comparable') with generalist obs&gyn skills and interests/experience working in regional areas.
- Up to approx AU$500k depending on experience.
- Real opportunity to develop a private practice to meet significant previously unmet demand.
- Generalist Obs & Gyn.
- Opportunity to maintain GYN surgical skills.
- Opportunity to develop interests in urodynamics, colposcopy, advanced laparoscopy and high-risk pregnancy.
- Rich research opportunities.
- Sensational lifestyle opportunities.
- Head Medical is assisting a service to recruit a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist to join their unit in Tasmania, Australia.
You will provide first-class specialist diagnosis, treatment and care for patients accessing the public care service. You will also provide consultation-liaison to other medical specialties and all hospitals within this region.
There are currently 5.0 FTE Consultants and 1 part-time Consultant who is a visiting medical officer. The service is accredited by RANZCOG for two core trainees. Oncall is 1:4.
It is a regional service - providing care to a catchment population of 115k. There are 1000 births per annum which are managed by experienced midwives and MGP and KYM schemes. High risk is managed with 2 large general hospitals supported by local endo and diabetes teams. Outreach services are delivered via a number of community centres, district hospitals and health centres.
This post is open to new FRANZCOGs and overseas trained specialists with special interests in working within regional contexts.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or 447502244964