Powered by a world-leading clinical decision algorithm, Doctorlink offers a number of products to the UK NHS and global healthcare providers including Online Triage, a digital tool which directs patients to the most appropriate care based on their presenting symptoms and includes appointment booking functionality; health risk and well-being assessments to optimise health; and video consultation software. Online Triage allows GP surgeries and healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and empowers patients to access the help they need confidently and conveniently, whether that’s a referral to a nurse or specialist, advice from a pharmacist, another run of a prescription or an appointment with a GP either in person or via our video consultation service. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have seen a significant increase in traffic through our products. We have a number of exciting developments planned for 2020 and this is a great time to join us and be part of shaking up the UK and global healthcare sector.
Our team is made up of smart, ambitious, yet humble experts in technology and healthcare and is growing rapidly. With significant backing from one of the most respected investment firms, we are tackling one of the biggest challenges of the 21st century.
As Clinical Lead for Online Triage you will be working in a team translating real-world clinical problems, latest evidence and pathways into new and existing digital clinical algorithms using our bespoke software. You will be clinical lead for developing new pathways for online triage and ensuring existing ones are accurate and up to date for the relevant setting. With support from our experienced external clinical reviewers, you will be accountable for the quality assurance of the clinical content of the product. You will lead the research, planning and implementation of clinical development programmes for the online triage tool. You will be an organised, experienced leader with exceptional communication skills who is a great team player, able to work with a multi-disciplinary environment of clinicians, software engineers, data scientists and product managers. You will have an analytical approach to problem-solving and be able to think creatively and logically. Knowledge of Bayesian logic, experience of online triage or care pathways work an advantage. Previous programming experience is not required but you must be willing to learn and work with tech. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to clinical governance activities within the organisation including assuring the clinical safety of the product. Alongside the clinical directors for our other work programmes, help deliver an in-house CPD programme.
You will be a UK registered medic in a relevant speciality, ideally a GP or emergency medicine physician, with a current license to practice, up to date with CPD and appraisal/revalidation, and be in good standing with your speciality College. You will report to the clinical director and will receive a comprehensive induction programme on joining. For senior clinicians or those with previous experience in a tech setting, there is the opportunity to become Clinical Director for online triage.
The role we’re looking to fill is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about the potential for new technology to transform healthcare and the improvement it can make to patients and their well-being.
Work pattern can be arranged to fit in with ongoing clinical practise commitments, but the successful applicant is expected to dedicate between 7 and 10 half-day sessions a week to the role.
- UK registered doctor with current license to practise, in good standing with relevant medical Royal College, up to date with appraisal/revalidation and CPD
- Ideally a GP or emergency medicine physician, but other relevant specialties considered
- Previous experience in online triage or care pathways design desirable
- Knowledge of Bayesian logic an advantage
- In possession of strong clinical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Logical, independent thinker with a learning mindset
- Strong interest in transforming the delivery of healthcare
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a variety of individuals
- Experienced leader able to set priorities for a team and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and willingness to learn to use new software
- Able to drive forwards developments in the clinical product
- Can demonstrate energy and determination to deliver on commitments in an ever-changing environment
- Willing to contribute to in-house training
An excellent compensation package including:
- Competitive salary
- a healthcare cash-plan,
- 5% pension contribution
- 10% bonus potential
- Personalised mentoring and career progression
- Life assurance
- 25 days leave
- An employee discount platform
- And of course all the usual free food and drink!
Some extra info that’s important to us:
We welcome applications from all sections of the community as an Equal Opportunities employer which means we’re ready to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it, please just let us know.
To apply, please send your CV by clicking the apply button.