Consultant Psychiatrist in CAMHS (Inpatient)
Site 49 Alumhurst Road
Want to be part of the new NHS? Health and Care organisations in Dorset are at the forefront of transforming services to provide excellent, patient-centred care.
Dorset HealthCare recently achieved an Outstanding CQC status and is a dynamic forward-thinking Trust operating throughout Dorset.
Dorset HealthCare plays a pivotal role in the strong partnership of public sector organisations across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Our community and mental health trust has a caring and committed workforce of around 5,500 staff, serving a population of over 700,000 people.
We are looking for proactive, positive, respectful, supportive, reliable and trustworthy people to join us at Dorset HealthCare – we’re the biggest provider of healthcare in Dorset and offer exciting opportunities for people with a range of skills. We want to be better every day – do you?
‘This is an exciting time for us as we continue improving and adapting. I have seen some great innovation, fantastic teamwork and a real willingness to look at how we can do things differently’ – Eugine Yafele, Chief Executive (May 2019)
Dorset HealthCare is the first mental health trust providing community services in the South to be given an Outstanding rating by the care quality commission (CQC) – and one of only a small handful nationally.
Due to the current post holder's retirement, we are pleased to invite you to apply for a CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist post. This post is being advertised as full-time (10 PA), the Trust will consider all applications including those wanting to work flexibly. The successful candidate would work closely with CAMHS colleagues to support the emotional health and wellbeing of young people across Dorset.
The post is based at our 10 bedded inpatient CAMHS hospital which provides a comprehensive and outstanding service for young people between the ages of 12 and 18.
It is an exciting time to join our CAMHS in Dorset. Our community CAMHS are rated as Good and our inpatient unit is rated as Outstanding. NHSE has commissioned Dorset Healthcare to build a new state of the art 8 bed PICU. We have been fast tracked by NHSE to deliver New Care Models with local partner Trusts; this will offer an alternative to inpatient admission, in the form of crisis home treatment teams. Dorset HealthCare Trust is also part of the national trailblazer to deliver Mental Health Support Teams in schools across three pilot sites in the county.
Dorset HealthCare provides the following CAMHS services across Dorset:
- 6 Community teams.
- A 10-bed adolescent inpatient unit.
- A dedicated CAMHS psychiatric liaison service to the three acute hospitals in Dorset.
- A community forensic service for children and adolescents.
- A specialist community service for young people with eating disorders.
- A specialist community service for children and young people with intellectual disability.
- An out of hours CAMHS crisis service.
- A Discovery College for young people and carers.
- Peer specialists employed within our community and inpatient teams.
The successful candidate must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status and will be incorporated into the senior On-Call rota which is currently 1 in 25 for week days and 1 in 15 on call for East Dorset week-ends.
Dorset HealthCare offers:
- Come and work for an Outstanding CQC recognised Trust
- Career Progression including medical education, medical leadership and clinical expertise.
- Innovative Flexible working options
- Generous relocation package
- Miles of sandy beaches and Beautiful countryside
- Outdoor Adventures on land and sea
- Secondary Schools in Dorset perform better than average!
- Good transportation links to other areas of the country and an International airport on your doorstep
- Vibrant towns offering something for all ages
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS levies a charge of £40 and the Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service or are able to present a valid portable DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
Our vision is to be Better Every Day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do. Our behaviours bring our values to life and constantly remind us that how we do things at Dorset HealthCare is as important as what we do. They are:
- Reliable and Trustworthy
Our staff benefits:
- Dedicated career pathways
- Opportunities for continuing professional development
- An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified Nurses and AHP’s
- Comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- Monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS Pension scheme
- Health & Wellbeing service
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discounts
- Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline
- Salary sacrifice scheme including:
- Work related learning
- Childcare vouchers
- Car and Cycle scheme
- Home technology equipment
- Buying and selling of annual leave
Before applying for this post, please refer to the ‘Application Guidance’ for further guidance on the recruitment process.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date due to an exceptional response - please apply for this vacancy as soon as possible by clicking the apply button.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.