Juan Franco, MD MSc received his medical degree from Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina. He then trained as a family physician and researcher at the Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires. His main research interests are evidence-informed healthcare, knowledge translation and patient-centred care. He directs the local Cochrane Centre and teaches EBM in medical school. He is also actively involved in Cochrane as an author and editor of systematic reviews and a member of Cochrane's Governing Board.
Juan joined the BMJ Group as Editor-in-Chief of BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine in 2021 and as an editor on the Analysis section of The BMJ later the same year.
You can follow Juan Franco on Twitter at https://twitter.com/juan_francomd
I declare that I have read and understood the BMJ Group policy on declarations of interest. I hereby declare the following interests, according to the policy.
- Associate Editor - Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Editor-in-Chief - BMJ Evidence-Based Medicine
- Clinical Editor - BMJ (Analysis section)
- Expenses for teaching Evidence-Based Medicine and Systematic Review courses
- Managing Editor - Cochrane Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders - University of Düsseldorf
(Germany) - Starting mid-February 2022
- Research Grants from Robert Koch Institute (Germany) for evidence synthesis on Long-Covid
(2021-2022) and Northwestern University (US) for evidence synthesis on Cardiovascular Health
- Contact Editor for the Cochrane Urology Group
- Member of the Governing Board - Cochrane
- Professor of the Research Department - Instituto Universitario Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires (in
licence starting mid-February 2022)