- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Find out how study types differ in our How to read a paper section.
- Impact factor latest: The BMJ's impact factor is now 17.215. Submit your paper to the world's fourth most cited general medical journal.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
- Keep up to date with diabetes: Access the latest diabetes resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Hot topics: We regularly publish more than one article on the same subject simultaneously. Find out more on our article clusters page.
- Dementia: Access the latest dementia resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Neurology updates: Access the latest neurology resources from BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Infectious diseases: Access the latest infectious disease resources from across BMJ Group, including articles, learning modules, podcasts, and blogs.
- Updates from bmj.com: Get RSS feeds of latest articles published at bmj.com/rss
- Airway biology
- Cystic fibrosis
- Drugs: respiratory system
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer (respiratory medicine)
- Lung function
- Mechanical ventilation
- Pneumonia (respiratory medicine)
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary emphysema
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep disorders (respiratory medicine)
- Tobacco related disease
Respiratory medicine from the BMJ Group
Respiratory medicine from the BMJ Group aims to provide you with a mixture of the most important respiratory medicine resources that we publish with the latest, continually updated research articles from the BMJ and all of our specialist journals, plus online education from BMJ Learning. You’ll also find links to the latest respiratory related discussions on doc2doc, the BMJ Group's online community.
Latest from the BMJ
Practice: Long acting β2 agonists in adult asthma
Published 6 Aug 2013
Published 24 Jun 2013
Published 23 Aug 2013
Published 26 Jul 2013
Published 19 Sep 2013
Research News: Who to screen for lung cancer
Published 23 Jul 2013
Latest from BMJ Journals (Free)
BMJ Case Reports: Diagnostic challenge of a complication of pneumoconiosis
Published 19 Aug 2013
BMJ Case Reports: Late presentation of lung sequestration
Published 30 Aug 2013
BMJ Case Reports: Disseminated solitary fibrous tumour of the lung and pleura
Published 18 Sep 2013
BMJ Case Reports: Primary signet ring cell carcinoma of the lung: a rare subtype
Published 20 Sep 2013
Published 24 Jul 2013
Published 10 Sep 2013
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry: Neurogenic paradoxical breathing
Published 18 Jul 2013
Portal champion Tom Fardon
I am consultant respiratory physician and senior lecturer, East of Scotland deanery. My clinical interests are cystic fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis, chronic pulmonary infection, and adolescent respiratory medicine. I'm a strong advocate of elearning, and Web 2.0 resources such as the BMJ respiratory medicine forum; a sometime blogger; and a (very) amateur triathlete.