- The BMJ iPad app brings you the best of print and online, including live links to the latest news, blogs, video, and podcasts. Get the BMJ iPad app.
- Keep up to date with cardiology: Access the latest cardiovascular medicine resources from across BMJ Group.
- Our online table of contents is updated at least twice each day. Read all articles published in the last 7 days.
- OPEN ACCESS: All research articles are freely available online, with no word limit. Find out more about the BMJ's open access policy. Submit your paper.
HIV shoots up
Strict laws on the criminalisation of drug use and drug users are fuelling the spread of HIV and other serious harms associated with the criminal market and should be reviewed, say experts in this series of articles, published to coincide with the 18th International AIDS Conference in Vienna, which runs from 18 to 23 July 2010. In this video accompanying the articles, epidemiologist Elizabeth Pisani and other leading commentators describe which countries are leading the way in tackling HIV infection among injecting drug users.
Read all articles on harm reduction
- An alternative to the war on drugs
- Policy resistance to harm reduction for drug users and potential effect of change
- Survival and cessation in injecting drug users
- How Ukraine is tackling Europe's worst HIV epidemic
- Evidence based policy for illicit drugs
- Knowing the score: a doctor addict tells his story
With photographs on AIDS in Russia from The Fire Within by John Ranard (1952-2008).