Re: "Vaccine authorities don't really want to know about adverse effects"
As Allan Cunningham suggests in an earlier rapid response, "Vaccine authorities don't really want to know about adverse effects".
In Australia the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is the 'regulator' of vaccine products. The TGA is funded by industry, so there is a conflict of interest. Also consider that vaccines are a growth area for the pharmaceutical companies - according to a recent report the global vaccines market is expected to reach USD 48.03 Billion by 2021 from USD 32.24 Billion in 2016.
The TGA has an adverse events database, but is this just window dressing? The TGA acknowledges adverse event reports from consumers and health professionals are voluntary "so there is under-reporting by these groups of adverse events related to therapeutic goods in Australia. This is the same around the world."
I've heard anecdotally that people who make adverse event reports about vaccine products don't receive much in the way of follow-up on the matter. Again conflicted "vaccine authorities don't really want to know about adverse effects"...
If an individual becomes ill after a vaccination, they can expect to face difficulties in getting 'the authorities' to acknowledge the adverse event could be related to the vaccine product. Most likely they will have the usual 'correlation is not causation' mantra thrown in their faces.
In the United States vaccine manufacturers are largely protected from liability via the 'no-fault' National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, a poorly publicised program which is supposed to help children injured by government 'recommended' vaccinations, but which is reluctant to settle claims. Vaccine manufacturers have little incentive to ensure vaccine safety, they are not liable after all. In other countries it is also difficult to mount a legal case re adverse events after vaccination given the difficulty of proving a connection.
This is why people should very carefully weigh up the risks and benefits of each vaccine intervention, because if something goes wrong they can be left to deal with the consequences. But this is now very difficult in Australia with the advent of multi combination vaccines and multiple revaccinations, and the implementation of coercive vaccination laws, i.e. the No Jab, No Pay law.
According to the current Australian vaccination schedule, children will have at least 46 doses of vaccines by their teenage years, via combined vaccine products and revaccinations (not including the annual flu vaccinations we are all being pressed to have). This is an extraordinary number of vaccines which I suggest is resulting in serious over-vaccination of children.
With the Australian federal government now mandating early childhood vaccinations, it's time for critical examination and review of the taxpayer funded vaccination schedule, particularly in light of the conflicts of interest involved in formulating this schedule, i.e. many members of the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation are associated with the pharmaceutical industry via funding for vaccine clinical trials and funding to attend vaccine conferences.
Government mandated vaccination is looming around the world. As well as in Australia and the United States, governments in Italy and Germany are implementing coercive vaccination policies. Are communities being set up to be compliant to all the lucrative novel vaccines in the vaccine industry's pipeline?
Citizens are entitled to question vaccination policy, particularly government mandated vaccinations. This is our right in our liberal democracy. It's time to demand transparency and accountability from 'experts' and governments for vaccination policy.
1. TGA Fees and payments: https://www.tga.gov.au/fees-and-payments
2. Vaccines Market by Technology (Live Attenuated, Toxoid, Conjugate, Inactivated & Subunit, Recombinant), Disease Indication (Pneumococcal, Influenza, HPV, Hepatitis, Rotavirus, DTP, Polio, MMR), End User (Pediatrics, Adults) & Type - Forecasts to 2021. Markets and Markets, August 2016: http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/vaccine-technologies-mar...
3. About the DAEN - medicines. Database of Adverse Event Notifications. TGA website: https://www.tga.gov.au/about-daen-medicines
4. Feds Vow to Publicize Vaccine Injury Help Program. AP 21 November 2014: https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2014/11/21/feds-vows-to-publiciz...
5. National Immunisation Program Schedule from November 2016. Australian Government Department of Health: http://immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/5...$File/NIP-schedule2016.pdf
6. Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation Conflict of Interest Document: http://immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/F...$File/ATAGI-conflict-interest.pdf accessed on the Immunise Australia Program website: http://immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/a...
7. Italy makes 12 vaccines mandatory for school children in an attempt to combat 'anti-scientific theories'. Independent, 20 May 2017:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italyvaccines-mandatory-s...
8. German kindergartens must report parents for refusing vaccine advice under new law. Reuters, 26 May 2017: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-health-measles-idUSKBN18M0PW
Competing interests: No competing interests