Authors’ reply to KoleBMJ 2016; 354 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i3795 (Published 12 July 2016) Cite this as: BMJ 2016;354:i3795
- Ian E Haines, associate professor1 2,
- Richard J Ablin, professor3 4,
- George L Gabor Miklos, founder5
- 1Melbourne Oncology Group, Cabrini Medical Centre, Malvern 3144, Australia
- 2AMREP Department of Medicine, Monash University, Australia
- 3Department of Pathology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ, USA
- 4Arizona Cancer Center and BIO5 Institute, Tucson, AZ, USA
- 5Atomic Oncology, Newport, NSW 2106, Australia
We thank Kole for his response to our article calling for release of data underpinning Public Health England’s (PHE) advice to GPs and men over 50 on PSA screening.1 2 He notes PHE’s emphasis on current uncertainty and why this data release is vital.
PHE’s first point, that “you are more likely to die of prostate cancer and/or to …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial