More on the use of bisphosphonates in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosisBMJ 2015; 351 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h5868 (Published 04 November 2015) Cite this as: BMJ 2015;351:h5868
- Salvatore Minisola, professor of internal medicine1,
- Cristiana Cipriani, consultant1,
- Alfredo Scillitani, doctor2,
- Jessica Pepe, consultant1
- 1Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Disciplines “Sapienza,” Rome University, Rome, Italy
- 2Unit of Endocrinology, “Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza” Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo (FG), Italy
Maraka and Kennel’s review of bisphosphonates in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis omitted some information that could be important for doctors and patients.1
Alendronate is now available in a soluble form, which overcomes some of the gastrointestinal side effects associated with the ingestion of pills.
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial