Further concerns about the Shape of Training proposalsBMJ 2015; 350 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h3219 (Published 16 June 2015) Cite this as: BMJ 2015;350:h3219
- Vimal J Gokani, past president1,
- Philip J McElnay, honorary secretary1,
- Andrew J Beamish, past president1,
- Rhiannon L Harries, president1
- on behalf of the Association of Surgeons in Training
- 1Association of Surgeons in Training, 35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, UK
We would like to add our concerns to those of Dean regarding the recommendations made by Greenaway.1 Of primary concern is that the review risks introducing a subconsultant grade, which would be detrimental to patient care and the NHS.
We would also urge caution that levels of competence should not be reduced nor …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial