Medical training: some “forgotten” common competenciesBMJ 2014; 349 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g7384 (Published 17 December 2014) Cite this as: BMJ 2014;349:g7384
- Laura Howard, clinical trainee year 2 in acute care common stem anaesthetics1,
- Jo Lorains, specialty trainee in emergency medicine2,
- Bernard A Foëx, consultant in emergency medicine and critical care1
- 1Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
- 2North Western Deanery, UK
- Correspondence to: B A Foëx mailto:
To gain a certificate of completion of training all medical trainees must complete a recognised training programme and demonstrate achievement of specialty specific and common competencies, as laid out in that specialty’s curriculum.
We have noticed that some common competencies that are essential to modern hospital based …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Register for a free trial to thebmj.com to receive unlimited access to all content on thebmj.com for 14 days.
Sign up for a free trial