Re: E-cigarettes latest: users on the up but rules tighten
The Institute of Health Promotion and Education has a clear position on e-cigarettes and makes five key recommendations.
1. E-cigarettes should be seen as a part of the armoury of devices intended to wean smokers away from cigarettes, and nothing more.
2. E-cigarettes should not be promoted to non-tobacco users.
3. More research is needed into the efficacy of e-cigarettes.
4. Careful monitoring of the promotion and use of e-cigarettes is needed.
5. There needs to be further debate about the use of e-cigarettes in public places (including workplaces).
Competing interests: No competing interests