Management of spasticity in the face of multimorbidityBMJ 2014; 349 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g5572 (Published 17 September 2014) Cite this as: BMJ 2014;349:g5572
- Nosa Akporehwe, consultant1,
- Kerstin Akporehwe, general practitioner principal2,
- Rajib Purkayastha, consultant1
- 1Woodend Hospital, Aberdeen AB15 6XS, UK
- 2Glen Medical Group, Hebburn NE31 1NU, UK
The clinical review on managing spasticity in adults is important for both primary and secondary care clinicians.1 Most patients with troublesome spasticity from conditions such as stroke and multiple sclerosis have other associated long term conditions. Multimorbidity is now the norm in clinical practice,2 including neurological rehabilitation, geriatrics, and primary care.
The management of spasticity should therefore take associated long …