Re: Preventing pertussis
Preventing pertussis? Response to Professor Shapiro
1. Acting now not waiting for the longer lasting new vaccine? There is no longer-lasting vaccine. The effect of all vaccines is anaphylaxis i.e. a harmful immune response resulting in increased susceptibility to the targeted disease and also related and unrelated bacterial and viral infections. Vaccination not only affects the recipients’ immunity it also has a generational effect by destroying the transplacentally-transmitted immunity: babies born to mothers who were vaccinated as children have poor or no TTI which normally protects newborn babies against contracting any infectious diseases: Mulholland (1995. Measles and pertussis in developing countries with good vaccine coverage. Lancet; Febr 4; 305-307) wrote that in the Gambia ...”with high pertussis vaccine coverage, it is likely that young adults will become susceptible to pertussis, as they are now in many developed countries. As a result, young [vaccinated] mothers may become infected early in the life of their infants, again providing a potent source of infection for these children.”).
2. Pertussis disease is not a deadly disease, most cases are mild and not life threatening and results in aquiring a life-long immunity. If a child dies while having pertussis one has to look into its treatment. It has been demonstrated that amoxicillin and other antibiotics are not the appropriate treatment in pertussis. Williams et al. (1998. Infant pertussis deaths in New South Wales 1996-1997. MJA; 168, 16 March: 281-283) described four infant deaths alleging pertussis as the cause, resulting in cardiac failure. As I see it, based on their own data, they died from the two intravenously administered broad spectrum antibiotics and not from whooping cough which they admittedly contracted from their fully vaccinated mothers and siblings suffering pertussis at the time of their birth.
3. The world-wide upsurge in pertussis epidemics is not a mystery: as well documented, it is due to the changes in Bordetella pertussis itself, caused by vaccination, similar to the bacterial resistance to antibiotics (Mooi et al. (2001. Adaptation of Bordetella pertussis to vaccination: a cause for its reemergence? Emerg Infect Dis; 7(3): 526-8); Maakinen et all. (2005. Bordetella pertussis isolates, Finland. Emerg Infect Dis. Jan; 11(1). De Melker et al. (1997. Pertussis in the Netherlands: an outbreak despite high levels of immunisation with whole-cell vaccine. Emerg Infect Dis, April-June; 3(2): 175-178) and the waning ‘vaccine immunity’, or simply the ineffectiveness of vaccines. Sutter and Cochi (1992. Pertussis hospitalizations and mortality in the United States, 1985-1988. JAMA; 267(3): 386-391) concluded that, based on hospitalisation rates, “187 867 to 515 930 cases of pertussis may have occurred during the study period”. That is close to largest epidemics in the pre-vaccine era.
4. The worldwide pertussis epidemics are not due to better diagnosis and better recording system; many vaccine recipients contract the disease from the vaccines, most usually after the first dose, as unwittingly demonstrated by Hutchins et al. (1988. Current epidemiology of pertussis in the United States. Tokai J Exp Clin Biol & Med; 13 (suppl): 103-109).
5. The evidence against waning natural immunity is provided by the destruction of the transplacentally-transmitted immunity, in that, unlike the unvaccinated mothers, the vaccinated mothers have poor or no TTI which is the primary cause of the pertussis’ shift into very young ages: their newborn babies are now contracting pertussis and other so called vaccine-preventable disease (measles, rubella).
6. The acellular pertussis vaccine failed to fulfil the overoptimistic expectations of its efficacy and safety (Witt and Katz et al. 2012. Unexpectedly limited durability of immunity following acellular pertussis vaccination in pre-adolescents in a North American outbreak. Clin Infect Dis; advance access, 15 March 2012).
7. The effective action is to stop vaccination and let children develop a life-long immunity by going through the natural infectious diseases without mismanagement by suppressing fever and administration of antibiotics. Vitamin C in sufficient doses is the best treatment of infections (Hemila and Louhiala 2007. Vitamin C may affect the lung infections. J Roy Soc Med; 100(11): 495-498).
8. Vaccination of pregnant women, grandparents and other relatives (cocooning) is clinically ineffective (Sandi Paciotti (2012) of Skagit County Health Department). .
9. Vaccines create pools of susceptible persons. Several years ago, I watched a TV documentary in Australia about Platypus. The microcamera submerged into the den showed the Platypus mother climbing into the den to feed her two babies. The narrator said, ‘and now the platypus mother licks her babies beaks to give them bacteria so that they develop natural immunity’. She obviously knew a lot about immunology and natural immunity. [Vaccinated pets and animals in zoos suffer ill health and the same reactions as children.] The same, sadly, cannot be said about modern orthodox medical system. In the seventeen and eighteen hundreds, orthodox bacteriological medicine became obsessed with microorganisms and preventing infectious diseases rather than studying and respecting natural infectious diseases as the way of acquiring a life-long natural immunity. The observed microscopic organisms were considered bad and not what they really are: an indispensable part of our lives.
10. Commercialisation of medicine put things out of perspective. Despite all evidence of the fallacy of trying to prevent any diseases with vaccines, the race to produce more vaccines overrun common sense, and missed the predictable and obvious fact of the microbes’ superior ability to adjust to, and resist, vaccines, as happened with antibiotics. Iatrogenic diseases became the prevalent cause of morbidity, disability and untimely mortality.
11. The biggest smallpox epidemics occurred in the most vaccinated cities and countries. Leicester citizens stopped smallpox outbreaks by refusing vaccination. Bubonic plague (black death) disappeared without any vaccination due to a better nutrition and especially better vitamin C status. [Scurvy has always been the biggest scourge of humanity, also called the haemorrhagic diathesis or haemorrhagic disease.] The vitamin C-rich saur kraut was more effective in the demise and amelioration of many diseases.
12. Vaccines provoked new diseases: polio, meningitis, cancer, degenerative, immunoreactive (allergies), autoimmune (diabetes) disorders, behavioural and learning difficulties and disabilities.
The sooner their use is abandoned the better for humanity.
Competing interests: No competing interests