- Suzanne M Kite, lead clinician, palliative care1,
- Fiona Hicks, consultant in palliative medicine1,
- Elizabeth Rees, lead nurse, specialist palliative care team1,
- Claire Shepherd, end of life care facilitator1,
- Christopher Stothard, end of life care facilitator1
- 1Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, St James’s University Hospitals, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Despite the BMJ survey’s limitations,1 we welcome systematic attempts to develop the evidence base necessary to move forward the debate on the Liverpool care pathway (LCP).
The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust started implementing the LCP framework in 2005, on a ward by ward basis, working closely with specialties and supported by facilitator led training for doctors and nurses. Implementation to all 66 wards that …