- J Gibbins, consultant in palliative medicine1,
- K Forbes, consultant in palliative medicine2,
- R McCoubrie, consultant in palliative medicine2,
- C Reid, consultant in palliative medicine2
- 1Cornwall Hospice Care, St Julia’s Hospice, Hayle TR27 4JA, UK
- 2University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol BS2 8ED, UK
Chinthapalli’s report broadens the debate on the Liverpool care pathway (LCP).1 Recent negative press coverage has affected end of life care: at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust our end of life tool (not LCP) was used in only 37% of patients dying in December 2012 compared with 67% in December 2011.
The principles of the LCP are essential to improving …