- Michael Newnham, respiratory registrar1,
- Helen Stone, respiratory registrar1,
- Ruth Summerfield, radiology consultant1,
- Naveed Mustfa, respiratory consultant1
- 1University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 6QG, UK
The mantra that pre-test probability (PTP) scoring should be the first stage in diagnosing pulmonary embolism is supported by a wealth of evidence.1 2 3 Unfortunately, the performance of diagnostic algorithms and PTP scores in clinical settings is often overlooked; when applied incorrectly the predictive potential is negated.
Our retrospective study of …